VINCI AIRPORTS, subsidiary of VINCI CONCESSIONS, manages nine airports in France - Grenoble Isère, Chambéry-Savoie, Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne, Quimper Cornouaille, Nantes Atlantique, Saint-Nazaire Montoir and Ancenis and in partnership those of Rennes Saint-Jacques and Dinard-Pleurtuit-Saint-Malo with also three international airports in Combodia - representing a total traffic of 8 million passengers per year.
The Mixed Labor Union of Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne Airport is the airport owner since January 1st, 2007. Distribution: Auvergne Regional Council 40 %, Clermont Communauté 32 %, General Council of Puy-de-Dôme 28 %.
1916 The first hard surface runway was built (1st in Europe)
1920 Creation of the l'Aéro-club d'Auvergne (Auvergne Flying Club)
1929 First commercial flights Geneva / Lyon / Clermont / Bordeaux
1937 Construction of the first 200 m² terminal, thanks to collaboration between the Aéro-club d'Auvergne and local government
1939 Installation of the Atelier Industriel de l'Aéronautique
1949 First seasonal route to Algeria, run by Air Algérie and Air France until 1962
1961 Creation of a new airline – Air Inter and its first route : Paris / Clermont-Ferrand / Nice
1973 Construction of the current terminal
1975 Runway extended to 3,015m.
1976 ILS (cat. III) installed
1992 Modernisation and extension of the terminal Installation of Regional Airlines
1995 The Clermont-Ferrand becomes a transport hub for connecting flights
1998 Construction of a cargo parking apron
1999/2000 Extension of aircraft parking, construction of 2 taxiways and a terminal for connecting flights Installation of two gangways for large jets Regional Airlines was taken over by Air France : Regional Airlines became Regional Compagnie Aérienne Européenne, an Air France subsidiary
june 2000 Inauguration and opening of the pier (satellite terminal)
july 2002 Installation of 6 moving walkways in the satellite terminal hall
24 sept. 2004 Inauguration of the South Industrial Estate
déc. 2004 Creation of a soundproofed engine run up facility for testing purposes
21 feb. 2006 Inauguration of the new SSLIA building : "Service de Sauvetage et de Lutte contre les Incendies d'Aéronefs" (Aircraft Firefighting and Rescue Service)
march 2006 Installation of the seating company TECHNO LOGISTIQUE at the airport
july 2006 Creation of AIRSET, first aircraft asset management solution
july 2007 Renovation of the car park payment system
january 2008 The new owner of Clermont-Ferrand Airport, the "Syndicat mixte de l'aéroport de Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne" (Auvergne Regional Council 40 % stake, Clermont Communauté Clermont Conurbation Council with 32 % and the General Council of the Puy de Dôme Department with a 28% stake), contracted the airport management out to a private consortium made up of VINCI Airports and Keolis Airport in equal parts. These two companies were already partners in the operation of Grenoble and Chambéry airports. Creation of the "Société d'Exploitation de l'Aéroport de Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne".
july 2008 Signature of a memorandum of understanding regarding the installation of a 6,500m² hangar for REGIONAL MAINTENANCE.
30 november 2008 www.clermont-aeroport.com website was launched.